The Science Subject Leader is: Mrs Amy Boulton
Subject Ambassadors are Rowan and Maisey
At Fitzwilliam Primary School we recognise the importance of Science in every aspect of daily life. As one of the core subjects taught in Primary Schools, we give the teaching and learning of Science the prominence it requires. The Scientific area of learning is concerned with increasing pupils’ knowledge and understanding of our world, and with developing skills associated with Science as a process of enquiry. It will develop the natural curiosity of the child, encourage respect for living organisms and the physical environment and provide opportunities for critical evaluation of evidence.
Science in the curriculum
- We plan using the National Curriculum.
- We enhance the curriculum using progression grids.
- Subject Progression grids are used to develop long term planning.
- Teachers use the long term planning to plan units of work and deliver individual lessons.
Please see schools Science documents below including: intent, policy, progression grids and scheme of work.
- FPS SDP 2020-21 - SCIENCE - Review - Feb 2021
- FPS SDP 2020-21 - SCIENCE
- 2020-21 - SCIENCE - Progression Grid
- 2020-21 - SCIENCE - Policy
- Science Policy 2019-20
- Science Intent, Implementation and Impact Overview 2019
- Progression in SCIENCE
- YEAR 1 - SOW
- YEAR 2 - SOW
- YEAR 3 - SOW
- YEAR 4 - SOW
- YEAR 5 - SOW
- YEAR 6 - SOW
- SDP SUBJECT LEADER ACTION PLAN SCIENCE 2019-2020